Saturday, September 01, 2007

Alone

So I live alone now. This is, admittedly, probably a temporary situation. I have a roommate lined up for November, a possible one for December, and then maybe another one for next year. This is met with mixed feelings by me, honestly. I have only lived alone for two months. I like it a lot of the time. I can walk around, er, less than fully dressed. The temperature is what I want it set to. I can stay up late or go to bed early. The tv is always mine. Hell, every room in the house is mine. Yet, as I empty out the spare bedroom, that only had clothes and a bed in it anyway, in anticipation of the roommate coming in two months, I do feel a little happy. For one thing, I like to see people. And when I'm home alone all day, and every night, it gets lonely and sad. I think I would like a roommate. I think I would also like a bigger place to share with them, because while this place is big for me, it will not be big for two people. I use every inch in it except the spare room and a few kitchen cabinets. Ah, well. The mixed bag will stay for awhile now, and likely I won't be with roommate for long.

Qop! (this one's for you, Nick!)
"My name is Wil Wheaton. Jack Thompson can suck my balls. If you have a problem with that, go fuck yourself." ~ Wil Wheaton, Pax 07 Keynote Address

2 comments:

Syndelin said...

Wil Wheaton is just too hawesome for words. Even though he needs to put up the sale link for the signed hardback copies he promised his readers already!
Hi keynote was great though, and I love that he added the tag line to his blog - Wil Wheaton says, "Don't be a dick!"

I think it's nicer living alone when you have friends over once in awhile!

Good to see that you're blogging again, and a decent way through Gilmore Girls! Both are a plus.

Nick Nitro said...

yay jimmy blogs and quotes something for me!