Monday, September 10, 2007

Back to School

So I began my final leg of my grad school work towards getting my PreK-3 teaching license today. Yes, that's right folks, student teaching. I'm a bit old to be a student teacher, in my opinion, but that's ok. Yes, thirteen weeks seems excessive for someone who has already logged a year and a half in the classroom as a substitute. But it's not like I have a choice. Luckily, I am in my favorite school that I sub for, with a fantastic teacher. I am in a third grade classroom, and from what I've seen so far, the kids are wonderful. I tried all morning to memorize their names, and by lunch I had them, which is amazing, because I am terrible with names. However, I will be spending sixty days with these kids, so it's good that I know them. I am really looking forward to it.

By the way, did anyone know there was a television show called "Ferris Bueller" in 1990 that ran for half a season? That's right. Jennifer Aniston played Bueller's sister, Jennifer Grey's character from the film. The other actors were also NOT the ones from the movie.


Also, Otterbein Alumni Book Club meets this Wednesday in the back room of Graeter's to talk about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Be there!

Qop!
Ferris: Look, it's real simple. Whatever mileage we put on, we'll take off.
Cameron: How?
Ferris: We'll drive home backwards.

2 comments:

Sciteach05 said...

dude....how many names was it? I'm still working on my 110 names and it's been a week...I'm almost there, but not quite. Hope you're having fun, 42.

Anonymous said...

good luck with everything. we need to coordinate our rare free moments so we can actually have a conversation (i know, what's that????). i actually heard yesterday that i got accepted to grad school, but i'm still working out details about finances and registration (if only my advisor would call me back ...) so i'm not going to say i'm a grad student yet ... i hope we get to talk soon, i miss talking to you ... j