Friday, August 31, 2007

I'm off to see the Whizard

I am heading up to Ashland University today to see the campus briefly. I technically have been an Ashland student for just over a year now, and will only be one for a few short months. Yet, I have never seen the main campus. I go to a small, square building in Columbus just down the street from where I live. It seems strange to me that I have no idea what the place looks like. I do think their colors, purple and yellow, may be slightly less attractive than my undergard alum's red and tan. I don't particularly like either color scheme, but oh, well. Take what you get. Anyway, I am off to a world unknown. When I return, I will have seen wonders that I never dreamed or some such like that. Bon Voyage!

P.S. Yes, I'm just trying to get as many posts as I can in while I still have time. Enjoy!

Qops! (from the movie Strangers With Candy ~ Amy Sedars as Jerri, Stephen Colbert as Chuck, Paul Dinello as Geoffrey, Greg Hollimon as Blackman, Sarah Jessica Parker as Peggy, Debra Rush as Sara, and Joseph Cross as Derrik)
Geoffrey Jellineck: You pushed me away!
Chuck Noblet: I wasn't pushing you away, I was pulling me toward myself.

Jerri Blank: Faggot.
Chuck Noblet: What did you say?
Jerri Blank: What did you hear?
Chuck Noblet: I'd rather not repeat it.
Jerri Blank: Then I guess we'll never know.

Principal Blackman: Why would I doctor the books to improve the overall test scores of the student body just so I could collect bonus funds from the state which I willfully misappropriated in order to pay off large gambling debts? It just doesn't add up, Blank!

Derrick Blank: The coach made me co-captain of the junior varsity squat thrust team!
Jerri Blank: Way to go, faglick.
Sara Blank: Jerri, language!
Derrick Blank: I'll have you know, stump, that the varsity squat thrust team took third in all conference.
Jerri Blank: And how does that make you not gay?
Derrick Blank: What are you talking about, troll? We squat together, we spot each other on the workout mat, and we play grab-ass in the showers. How is that gay?

Jerri Blank: I'm Jerri Blank and my daddy's in a coma.
Grief Counselor Peggy Callas: You know what, Jerri? I wish my daddy was in a coma. He's dead, Jerri. He was executed for war crimes, but for insurance purposes, we say he was eaten by wolves. Anyway, my point is, Jerri, somebody's always got it worse.

Chuck Noblet: It's over.
Geoffrey Jellineck: What are you saying, Chuck?
Chuck Noblet: I need more out of this relationship than I'm willing to put in. I think I deserve better, don't you? Hey, I know this is hard on you. It would be hard on me, too, if I broke up with me. I know what you're losing.

No comments: