Thursday, August 30, 2007

I Dreamed a Dream

Yes, yes, I just blogged yesterday and you are not used to me blogging, as I have been slacking for several months. I have many blog ideas in me, however, and only a short time until the last few months seem like cake compared to the busy schedule coming, so why not post now? Those friends of mine that have blogs, I promise to link to you soon, but I only have 15 minutes before I have to go back and work the second half of my double shift, so it won't happen today. Sorry.

A few nights ago I had one of my strangest dreams yet. I dreamed I was at a church, and many of my close friends and family were there. That was weird, because I avoid church like the plague. Then I saw my friend Abby from Champps in a wedding dress. Weird, right? Even weirder, I soon found a program that said Abby's wedding was at 1pm and mine was at 4pm. There were lots of details I have mulled over, but the biggest that gets to me is that in my dream, I couldn't remember my bride's name. I remember thinking I was so nervous I forgot who I was marrying. Is it a sign that I need slow down, that I may marry the next girl I date? Or is it a sign that I'm not ready to be married, though I maintain that I have been ready since Kindergarten? Or is it a sign of impending nuptials? Or does it just show how desperate I sometimes am to find that one person for me? Or is it just a meaningless dream? I don't know, but it disturbed me and I spent much effort thinking about it for days afterwards. A wedding is in my not so distant future, I hope, but I haven't even been in a relationship for over four years. Oh, well. How does that help me now? It doesn't. So back to my dull and busy life, back to the things I don't want to do with the hope that if I do them now, I can afford to do what I want to do in the future.

Qop!
"Everything in life is only for now." ~ Avenue Q

No comments: