Friday, January 04, 2008

Iowa Caucus

The votes are in, and I am encouraged. Michael Moore says that because almost twice the Democrats showed up to the primary as Republicans, Iowa, a traditionally Republican state, will go blue in November. I am not willing to read that much into it, but it was encouraging. Participation in the caucus was up by 93% from 2004, and 2004 was a record year.
Huckabee won the Republican side, and I'm good with that. I like Huckabee, sort of. I was just disappointed that Romney got second because I don't like him. And I was very disappointed in McCain's fourth place finish. I hope he rebounds in New Hampshire.
Obama won the Democrat side. I like Obama, I would just rather he was the Vice candidate. I read his last book, and it was very Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. I like that Edwards has rebounded to second, and Hilary took a third. I'm not a huge fan of Hilary. Biden dropped out, which is a little sad, but he's been done for awhile, so it was inevitable.
As primary season kicks off, I still haven't picked a candidate, or even a party. This is such a clusterfuck race, I don't even know what to think. One thing is for sure though, it'll be an interesting election year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.